Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Join the Philpost International Writing Competition!
Know any kid who wants to go to Switzerland? The 41st International Writing Competition for Young People is open for kids aged 15 years old and below, represented by Philpost in the Philippines! For adults, don't forget about the Free Postal Heritage Tour offered every 3rd Sunday of the month! Read all about my experience in Guiltless Getaways.
Going back, the goal of this competition is to contribute to international friendship and introduce them to composition. These little kids will get to experience the age before emails and the the thrill of long-forgotten handwritten letter-writing via snail mail.
This year's theme is about writing a letter to a sports figure or athlete you admire and explain what the Olympic Games means to you as a kid. It's amazing if this letter could actually reach the person and bridge the gap between the kids and the people they look up to via a personally-written fan mail. We can all learn something from everybody, even kids.
Aside from that, there will be cash prizes and I heard from PIA that the first winner will be sent to the Universal Postal Union (UPU) that is based in Switzerland. The competition runs until September 9, 2011.
Remember your penpals, Mommies and Daddies?
Click here to learn more about Philpost and the 41st International Writing Competition for Young People.
Popular Posts in Girl Kuripot (Last 30 Days)
- Puerto del Sol Bolinao Pangasinan Raffle Scam? - I Won!
- Girl-Kuripot Giveaway - 12 Health & Wellness Prizes Delivered to Your Door!
- @CinemaWorldAsia, Win a Slumber Party and Movie Night @SolaireResort !
- Win a 12D11N Trip to Spain!
- Saving Tip # 8 - Of Coupons, Trips, Extras and Savings - List of 100 Group Buying Sites in the Philippines - UPDATED 6/13/14
- GK Giveaway: Travel Accessories from Pastelcloud Philippines, Wallets / Passport Holders with Phone Holders from Korea!
- Tourism Authority of Thailand, Win a 4D3N Stay in Shangri-La Chiang Mai!
- 2 DTC GQTV Ego Mobile Phones for Your Travel Blues! - Girl Kuripot Giveaway
- Win an Overnight Stay in Antipolo!
- @SRRAph, Win an Overnight Stay!