Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Watch the 5th International Silent Film Festival Manila for Free!
Are you game for another 4-day movie marathon experience? Have you read my CineEuropa marathon experience and why I love international film festivals yet? This one's a wee bit different since they're all silent films. I bet you'll find an interesting bunch of movie buddies there in no time if you choose to do it alone for the weekend. Now, what do you get when the Goethe-Institut Philipinen (Germany), the Japan Foundation (Japan), Manila (Philippines), Instituto Cervantes (Spain), the Embassy of Italy (Italy), the Embassy of Greece (Greece), the National Commission for Culture and the Arts of the Philippines (NCCA) and the Society of Filipino Archivists for Film all come together to promote film appreciation? You get the only Silent Film Festival held in the whole of Southeast Asia!
Tickets are free and on a first-come, first served basis. The Shangri-La Cineplex ticket booth opens 90 minutes prior to every showing. I'm not sure though if they also have freebies this time like the CineEuropa. This information was something that was shared to me warmly by the other film festival buffs I met there on my third marathon day. Chances are if you see them running to the counter, there are freebies. Anyway, even just the experience of watching these silent and ancient films are already extraordinary and guiltless for me.
The 5th International Silent Film Festival will happen this week from August 26, 2011 to August 28, 2011. The schedules are as follows:
August 26, 2011 (Friday)
7 pm Brides of Sulu (Philippines, 1934)
9 pm Nosferatu (Germany, 1922)
August 27, 2011 (Saturday)
5 pm Akeyuku Sora (Japan, 1929)
7 pm Dante's Inferno (Italy, 1911)
August 28, 2011 (Sunday)
5 pm The Greek Miracle (Greece, 1921)
7 pm Pilar Guerra (Spain, 1926)
Makes me think of those movies you watch on a big screen while munching on burger and fries that roller-blade waitresses deliver to your car... That I only see on TV! Enjoy enriching your soul with these oldies!
Click here to learn more about the films for the 5th International Silent Film Festival Manila.
Popular Posts in Girl Kuripot (Last 30 Days)
- Puerto del Sol Bolinao Pangasinan Raffle Scam? - I Won!
- Saving Tip # 8 - Of Coupons, Trips, Extras and Savings - List of 100 Group Buying Sites in the Philippines - UPDATED 6/13/14
- @CinemaWorldAsia, Win a Slumber Party and Movie Night @SolaireResort !
- Win a 12D11N Trip to Spain!
- Girl-Kuripot Giveaway - 12 Health & Wellness Prizes Delivered to Your Door!
- GK Giveaway: Travel Accessories from Pastelcloud Philippines, Wallets / Passport Holders with Phone Holders from Korea!
- Tourism Authority of Thailand, Win a 4D3N Stay in Shangri-La Chiang Mai!
- 2 DTC GQTV Ego Mobile Phones for Your Travel Blues! - Girl Kuripot Giveaway
- @SRRAph, Win an Overnight Stay!
- Win Tickets to Korea!