Saturday, October 8, 2011
OPM Fair 2011 Ang Himig Natin, Noon at Ngayon For Free!
I've always equated OPM with Original Pinoy Music. I remember singing "duets" with Filipino artists on the radio and on TV, mostly heart-breaking ones whenever nobody was listening. I remember the days when my head was full of Ana Feji, Agot Isidro, Bituin Escalante, Aiza Siguera, Carol Banawa, Roselle Nava, Jaya, Jessa Zaragoza, Ogie Alcasid, Louie Heredia, Jose Marie Chan, Lea Salonga, APO Hiking Society, Freestyle, Side A, South Border and many many more. I knew the songs and I was scared of being ridiculed as "baduy" and "senti" for some of my picks. Today, with the rush of foreign artists, can't-seem-to-follow-the-fast-rapping music and Justin Bieber-like talents, I long for the glory days of OPM in my head no longer afraid of what people might say. Kudos to the Organisasyon ng Pilipinong Mang-Aawit (also or probably the original OPM) for being visible in promoting OPM today by means of the internet and social media.
Indeed, so much has changed in Filipino music in the past decades. Even my experience of it has evolved from just hearing about it frequently on the radio, TV or concerts, memorizing and really feeling it based on what I was feeling to actually learning how to sing it from my friends' favorite karaoke pick lists. Since there's no more heartbreak for me, it's so much fun just to sing and feel the message of the song, laugh about it or sing it for someone else. I have learned to regard Filipino bands like Eraserheads and Rivermaya as music and not as "senseless noise". Today, Pinoy Rock music is something I'm learning to appreciate thanks to experiences from concerts like SMB's Oktoberfest (post to come out soon in Guiltless Getaways) and many more. The coming-together and uniting of Filipino artists is something that I am excited about ever since I made a choice to bring back music in my life this year.
So today, I present to you the OPM Fair 2011 Experience! It's a free event for all Pinoy music lovers at the Quezon City Memorial Circle on October 11, 2011! I look forward to the day when this is no longer just an annual event.
Be one with the great talents of our time and celebrate one of the things that bring us all together no matter what our circumstance in life may be in the present - music and romance Pinoy-style. Mark your calendars!
Click here to know more about OPM.
Popular Posts in Girl Kuripot (Last 30 Days)
- Puerto del Sol Bolinao Pangasinan Raffle Scam? - I Won!
- Saving Tip # 8 - Of Coupons, Trips, Extras and Savings - List of 100 Group Buying Sites in the Philippines - UPDATED 6/13/14
- @CinemaWorldAsia, Win a Slumber Party and Movie Night @SolaireResort !
- Win a 12D11N Trip to Spain!
- Girl-Kuripot Giveaway - 12 Health & Wellness Prizes Delivered to Your Door!
- GK Giveaway: Travel Accessories from Pastelcloud Philippines, Wallets / Passport Holders with Phone Holders from Korea!
- Tourism Authority of Thailand, Win a 4D3N Stay in Shangri-La Chiang Mai!
- 2 DTC GQTV Ego Mobile Phones for Your Travel Blues! - Girl Kuripot Giveaway
- @SRRAph, Win an Overnight Stay!
- Win an Overnight Stay in Antipolo!