Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Free Stamp Critique Tour at PhilPEX 2012!
I've told you about the free Postal Heritage Tour in Manila. Now, it's time for another experience that has something to do about stamp collecting! There will be a free tour conducted again within the PhilPEX exhibition site as to how stamp competition entries are judged. No, you don't win stamp competitions based on who has the most expensive or rarest piece. Based on what our Postal Heritage Tour Guide Lawrence Chan had explained to me the last time, it has something to do with telling a story with your pieces, how it is arranged and a lot of research about history among many other things. This is Stamp Critique 101. You will also learn how an individual prepares for a stamp exhibition.
Here you will learn about the merits and demerits given to the exhibit pieces based on the standards set by the FIP (Federation Internationale Filatelie) and FIAP (Federation International of Inter-Asian Philately).
The free tour will be held this Saturday, January 28, 2012 from 9 a.m. to 12 noon and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.! Cameras are welcome.
Now, that's something you don't hear about every day. Enjoy!
Popular Posts in Girl Kuripot (Last 30 Days)
- Puerto del Sol Bolinao Pangasinan Raffle Scam? - I Won!
- @CinemaWorldAsia, Win a Slumber Party and Movie Night @SolaireResort !
- Win a 12D11N Trip to Spain!
- Girl-Kuripot Giveaway - 12 Health & Wellness Prizes Delivered to Your Door!
- Saving Tip # 8 - Of Coupons, Trips, Extras and Savings - List of 100 Group Buying Sites in the Philippines - UPDATED 6/13/14
- GK Giveaway: Travel Accessories from Pastelcloud Philippines, Wallets / Passport Holders with Phone Holders from Korea!
- Tourism Authority of Thailand, Win a 4D3N Stay in Shangri-La Chiang Mai!
- 2 DTC GQTV Ego Mobile Phones for Your Travel Blues! - Girl Kuripot Giveaway
- Win an Overnight Stay in Antipolo!
- @SRRAph, Win an Overnight Stay!